Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Now I'll never get to see the Oprah Show live....

In the 7th grade I was tested for GATE and one of the questions was "What public figure do you admire and why?" My answer was Oprah Winfrey, I think we still referred to her by both first and last names back then. She reaches people on a level that no other talk show host can, she inspires with real ideas to take action, she has empathy like nobody else does, it is all over her face, right? This award came MUCH later but the quote from her acceptance speech of the Bob Hope Humanitarian award in 2002 at the Emmy's sums up why I admire her:

We all just want to know that we matter..... The greatest pain in life is to be invisible. What I've learned is that we all just want to be heard. And I thank all the people who continue to let me hear your stories, and by sharing your stories, you let other people see themselves and for a moment, glimpse the power to change and the power to triumph. Read the entire speech here.

On May 25th, we will gather together to watch Oprah's last episode on the big screens in the beautiful bay front ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. Grab your girlfriends and come together to laugh and cry as we experience the end of an era. Enjoy the fabulous vendors in the marketplace where you will be pampered, transformed and entertained! You don't want to miss all of the special treats you will enjoy at the largest viewing party in San Diego for Oprah's last episode!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Oprah Show Viewing at 4:00 p.m.

LOCATION:

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina

1441 Quivira Road
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
San Diego, CA 92109

Speaking of friends....Oprah always includes Gayle so you should bring your BFF too! In fact, we have a BFF special savings!

GET YOUR TICKETS:

$25.00 per person

$40.00 for you & your BFF! (savings of $10)

There will be a $3 processing fee.

I'm very excited to have my VERY FIRST BLOG GIVEAWAY! Yes, you could actually win a pair of tickets to this coveted viewing party!

How To Enter: Simply comment below about a memorable Oprah moment

Everyone has one shot at this giveaway - if you want to double your chances then have your BFF follow my blog and enter and if your BFF wins they'd better be takin' you!

I'm quite certain by the end of this contest we'll have the 50 followers needed for me to get those videos shared here of me signing 3 classic children's books. Another good reason to share this giveaway with your friends, right?

Winners announced Sunday May 22!

5 comments:

  1. I heart Oprah. Fave Oprah moment was watching Stephanie Nielson of Nie Nie Dialogues and Andrea of Savvy Savvy Mommy get to be on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to be able to go to an Oprah show last year with my sister. They needed seat fillers and I was chosen to sit in the FRONT row, 5 feet away from Oprah! She stayed after the show to talk to the audience, and I have to say, she really is such a genuine good hearted person! I have to say that of course was my face Oprah moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love oprah sooooooo much... i really wish i was able to go to this event but i'll be out of town!!!!! :( i remember coming home in 4th grade to watch her before i did homework LOL
    I love her behind the scenes show too... she just seems so genuine and real

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my memories of Oprah are of watching her after school with my mom. No one episode stands out to me but I did love the makeover episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family is in the baby business & when Oprah had Little Giraffe blankets (you know the really fluffy chenille micro fiber ones w/ the satin patch) on her Favorite Things episode...let's just say we couldn't keep them in stock & they are still a very Hot item 8 years later.

    ReplyDelete